Ways to Donate
Gifts from our friends provide the support to ensure our tradition of musical excellence. You can make your gift by check, credit card, online giving, corporate matches, or planned giving.
By making a tax-deductable donation to the Western Piedmont Symphony you can make a difference in our community and in the future of the arts in our community. There are three ways you can donate:
The convenience of a cash donation make it a popular and very appreciated way for people to support the Symphony. You can make a cash donation by phone, by mail, or online.
The WPS Endowment is invested capital that generates income to be used, in perpetuity, to support our Symphony.
Planned Giving consists of gifts of securities and deferred gifts, as well as a strategic annual donation schedule.
Music is a human expression and defines people and cultures. Famous legal scholar and pragmatist, Oliver Wendell Holmes, said:
“Take a music bath once or twice a week for a few seasons, and you will find that it is to the soul what the water bath is to the body.”
When you support the Western Piedmont Symphony with your financial gifts, you sustain:
• The First Place American Prize-Winning orchestra in the professional division (2013, 2015).
• World-class professional performances – Masterworks concerts featuring stellar guest artists and the full Symphony; Foothills Pops concerts of family-friendly, popular music with a live orchestra; Crossroads concerts of multi-genre small ensembles in concert; two Youth Orchestras
• One of only two professional orchestras in Western North Carolina.
• Western Piedmont Symphony Youth Orchestras – Debut Strings, a strings-only ensemble for young musicians who are new to playing in a group setting, and the Youth Symphony, a full orchestra for aspiring young musicians. WPSYO serves young artists from more than eight counties in the Catawba Valley.
• Education concerts serving more than 5,000 fourth and fifth grade students from Catawba, Caldwell, Alexander, Burke, Watauga, and Wilkes counties.
Annual Fund Campaign
What is the Annual Fund? At the Western Piedmont Symphony, the Annual fund is made up of hundreds of unrestricted gifts. These gifts are used to support our primary mission of providing musical performances of distinction that enrich and enliven the community’s classical music experience.
Every gift – large or small – is important to us, and will be acknowledged in our annual program book. THANK YOU for your gift! Our Western Piedmont Symphony depends on your generosity!