You make a living by what you get . . .you make a life by what you give.
Music is a human expression and defines people and cultures. Famous legal scholar and pragmatist, Oliver Wendell Holmes, said:
“Take a music bath once or twice a week for a few seasons, and you will find that it is to the soul what the water bath is to the body.”
When you support the Western Piedmont Symphony with your financial gifts you sustain:
• The First Place American Prize-Winning orchestra in the professional division.
• A variety of performances each season – 5 Masterworks concerts by the entire orchestra; 4 Chamber Classics concerts by the resident string quartet; 2 Youth Symphony performances;
• One of only two professional orchestras in Western North Carolina.
• A string quartet residency offering high quality chamber music concerts to a wide variety of audiences – Rug Concerts for children to Silver Serenades for the aging.
• The Western Piedmont Youth Symphony – the largest in the region serving 80 students from 8 surrounding counties; and need-based scholarships for some students.
• Outdoor concerts in downtown Hickory and across the region drawing thousands of people.
• In-school concerts for over 30,000 students each year.
• The largest employer of professional musicians in the region at a time of economic downturns and recovery.
Annual Fund Campaign
What is the Annual Fund? At the Western Piedmont Symphony, the Annual fund is made up of hundreds of unrestricted gifts. These gifts are used to support our primary mission of providing musical performances of distinction that enrich and enliven the community’s classical music experience.
Every gift – large or small – is important to us, and will be acknowledged in our annual program book. THANK YOU for your gift! Our Western Piedmont Symphony depends on your generosity!
To learn more about our Annual Fund, click here:
Ways to Donate
Gifts from our friends provide the support to ensure our tradition of musical excellence. You can make your gift by check, credit card, online giving, corporate matches, or planned giving.
By making a tax-deductable donation to the Western Piedmont Symphony you can make a difference in our community and in the future of the arts in our community. There are three ways you can donate:
The convenience of a cash donation make it a popular and very appreciated way for people to support the Symphony. You can make a cash donation by phone, by mail, or online.
The WPS Endowment is invested capital that generates income to be used, in perpetuity, to support our Symphony.
Planned Giving consists of gifts of securities and deferred gifts.