UPDATED GUIDELINES AS OF 8/18/2022
The Western Piedmont Symphony will follow all COVID-19 protocols for each performance venue.
P.E. Monroe Auditorium, Lenoir-Rhyne University
From Lenoir-Rhyne University:
- Beginning with fall 2022 semester, COVID-19 vaccines, including all booster shots, are strongly recommended for students, but are no longer required.
- Being up to date on COVID-19 vaccines, including having all recommended booster shots, determines quarantine guidelines and can reduce the risk of severe disease and hospitalization.
Masks remain optional with the following exceptions:
- Individual instructors may require masks in their classrooms as part of their standard classroom management and students will adhere to the classroom requirement.
- Those visiting Cornerstone Health Services may be required to wear masks when entering the facility.
- Individuals are required to wear a mask indoors for the specified number of days when exposed to COVID-19, are symptomatic, or test positive.
While masks are not required except as noted above, anyone who feels more comfortable wearing a mask on campus is encouraged to do so, as it is the best method for prevention in addition to vaccines.
J.E. Broyhill Civic Center
From J.E. Broyhill Civic Center:
Beginning Feb. 21, face coverings will be optional with the exception of individuals who test positive for COVID-19 or have had a continuous exposure to a positive COVID-19 case. Those individuals may be required to wear a face covering when indoors upon returning to campus up to 10 days depending on the circumstances. Guidelines are subject to change.
Drendel Auditorium, SALT Block
Face masks are strongly recommended everywhere indoors at the SALT Block. When purchasing tickets, social distancing is automatically enforced when selecting seats.